Monday, December 19, 2016

Busy Elves






I have been stitching away like one of Santa's elves. Work, work, work...


I finished the corner blocks for the Rowdy Flat Library Quilt, and I'm currently stitching on Block Five. "The March Of The Ladybugs... The borders are coming up shortly. I need to finish this block, and then one more. The borders are all appliqued flowers and bugs, of course. I've finally seen a photo of the finished quilt online. It's a mystery quilt and I only get one block pattern a month. As you know, there were a few months when I couldn't stitch because of my hand surgeries. I'm trying now to catch up.






I also started another quilt that has been quietly waiting for my attention. Now you know why there aren't many finished quilts in a year. I have a short attention span. At least it must seem like it, but in reality I spend about six hours a day stitching, sometimes many more. When your stitching involves nothing but needle turn applique and hand quilting, the progress must seem very slow.





The new quilt that I have started is called The Aunts Quilt. It has twelve pieced blocks, which I have done and six appliqued squares. There are also appliqued half triangles and appliqued borders. For some reason I thought that it would be a nice easy quilt to work on when I needed a break from some more challenging quilts, but I don't think it's going to be.


 Some days I don't get to stitch at all, because things like Christmas get in the way. I have been baking cookies, and wrapping gifts. The house has been decorated for weeks. The shopping is done. I need to do some more baking and cooking this week and the house really needs a quick dust and vacuum. I guess I better get back to work. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment